We’re producing a series of videos to help customers understand how to design steel castings.
These will cover a range of topics, from an overview of steel casting design to specific design methods that take advantage of the steel casting process to minimize lead times and potential failures, and maximize performance and value.
- Story of the Steel Casting Design Pathway
- Steel Casting Geometry: Freeway to Producer Response
- Castability Geometry
- Castability Geometry Differs by Steel Alloy Type
- Interior Mold Cavity Geometry Junctions – A Pathway Entanglement
- Process-Dominated Castability Geometry – A Fork in the Pathway
- Welded Steel Fabrications: A Dead-End Side Track
The following videos are in development for future release:
- Net Shape Machined from Wrought Steel Blocks
- Basic Steel Casting Gating Principles
- Basic Steel Casting Risering Principles
- Prototyping New Steel Casting Designs: What to Accomplish and Why?
- Power of Additive Manufacturing to Enable Rapid Prototyping
- Is Cast Steel Really Steel?
- Add Strength without Upsetting Castability Geometry and Low Mass.