This page provides an overview of the information that is available to the designers and buyers of steel casting. The information contained in these articles is believed to accurate; however, the information should be considered recommendations. The designer and buyer should always work with the foundry personnel to determine specific specifications. Ultimately, the designer is responsible for the final product design.
- Why steel castings?
- Free SFSA Publications
- Steel Foundry Directory
- White papers for buyers/designers
- Casting Buyers
- Foundry Glossary
- Other Resources
- Steel Casting Construction Consortium (SC3)
- Practical Examples in Metalcasting Design
Information for the casting designer
- Framework of designing
- One of the basic principles of the system approach in engineering design is to define the system boundaries in such a way that conflicting requirements can be recognized and resolved.
- Impact of alloy physical characteristics
- Recognizing the impact of physical alloy characteristics and the mechanical characteristics of each alloy at the outset will help the design engineer avoid many of the pitfalls in assuming that all alloys can be treated alike.