To serve the steel casting industry in North America.
With the active support and leadership of a supermajority of eligible member plants, SFSA will manage a diverse and relevant technology development program, developing new markets and applications, represent the industry nationally and internationally in regulatory and specification development, provide timely and useful business information, and provide state of the art training.
1. Develop and provide education and training on steel casting production and use
2. Find and disseminate business information critical to the success of steel foundries
3. Develop new market applications for steel castings.
4. Promote technology innovation
5. Advocate for the industry in the development of regulations and public policies.
6. Promote the safety and health of workers in the steel casting industry.