The are two Technical Research Committees:
- Research into carbon & low alloy steel casting technology is overseen by the Carbon &
Low Alloy Research Committee.
- Research into high alloy steel casting technology is overseen by the High Alloy Research Committee.
Research may be conducted as recommended by the committees:
- by individual member companies,
- by two or more member companies in cooperation, or
- by universities or other institutions having adequate research facilities for the projects assigned to them.
The committees, in cooperation with the Vice President-Technology, control and supervise the
conduct of research projects and publish Research Reports to SFSA members.